Forums at EliYah's Home Page

Welcome to the Forums at
EliYah's Home Page

These forums are for encouraging communication & fellowship between believers, with the goal of walking in love through obedience to Yahweh's word (Genesis to Revelation).

However, the opinions/attitudes expressed on this forum are not necessarily those of EliYah or of Yahweh's people as a whole.

Nov reminder patients health providers concomitant where to buy plavix in canada what is the nhl . Plavix dosing, and education the provider d...

Topic Options
Hop to:
#113528 - 07/11/12 07:22 AM Newborn Baby Care
hollysurly Offline
Newly Registered User

Try swaddling your baby for better sleep.
Swaddling is comforting to many newborns because it reminds them of being inside the womb. “Swaddling is a helpful tool, but it is not universal,” explains Dr. Gregory Germain, MD, a pediatrician at Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital in Connecticut. “Some babies are truly comforted by a tight swaddle, and some babies are irritated by a tight swaddle and do better with their hands free,” he explains.

If you adjudge to accouter your baby, be abiding he isn’t accepting overheated. “At night, over-bundling has been questionably affiliated to SIDS (via overheating),” says Dr. Karen Sadler, MD, a pediatrician in Boston, Massachusetts. “In general, breed should be clothed in whatever adults allegation to be comfortable, additional one attenuate layer.” If your babyish feels bathed or hot in his blanket, try bathrobe him in annihilation but a childhood afore swaddling him. If he still feels hot, stop swaddling altogether.

Spoil away!

During the aboriginal few months of your child's life, there's no such affair as giving too abundant breakable adulation and care. “Babies allegation to apperceive that you are there if they are distressed,” says Dr. Germain. “Going to a arrant adolescent babyish and abating them is never a bad thing.” While it’s important to let your babyish apperceive you're there for her, it is OK to occasionally let her cry for a minute or two. “If your babyish is arrant and you're in the average of a amount of wash, there is no abuse in absolution your babyish cry for a while as you’re finishing your added activity duties,” Dr. Germain assures.

Develop a constant bedtime routine.

Setting a constant caliginosity routine—such as a balmy ablution and bedtime story—can be a accessible beddy-bye activate for your baby. It may not plan appropriate away, but afterwards a brace of weeks your adolescent will acceptable abatement comatose easier and break comatose longer. According to Dr. Robert Jacobson, MD, administrator and assistant of pediatrics with the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, this bedtime accepted should cover creating a peaceful ambience in the home. “As afterglow comes and the abode gets quieter, apparently the a lot of important affair in this avant-garde age is to about-face the TV off an hour afore the babyish is traveling to abatement asleep,” he says, answer that the TV tends to allegation the air and accumulate babies awake.

Let the beat be your friend!

Some humans anguish that they’ll blemish their babyish with a swing, but all bets are off for the aboriginal few months of life. If your babyish refuses to nap in his bassinet during the day, but calmly avalanche comatose in his swing, by all agency let him beat to his little heart's content! Accumulate in mind, you should never leave your babyish abandoned or let him beddy-bye in the beat through the night. “The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) warns that some breed ability coil over in a bench and arrest breathing,” explains Dr. Sadler. “In practice, I anticipate if parents are alive and watching, and the adolescent isn't baby or premature, the beat is OK,” says Dr. Saddler, abacus that swings are a acceptable way to get colicky babies to sleep.

Edited by RichardLovesYHWH (04/27/13 10:09 PM)
Edit Reason: Removal of Signature due to Links

#113545 - 07/22/12 12:35 AM Re: Newborn Baby Care [Re: hollysurly]
YHWHb4us Offline
Newly Registered User

Hi, let's not forget breast feed your baby. Yah's milk is awesome. Live tissue with real DHA (not lab man made) cancer fighting cells, stem cells, antibodies and so much more. Why give your baby formula made from dead cow cells when they can have milk that is perfect for them. Plus babies love skin to skin. mom's body temp will actuially adjust to bring baby to his/her perfect temp.

#114809 - 04/14/13 11:09 PM Re: Newborn Baby Care [Re: YHWHb4us]
Yah's handmaiden Offline

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
Great topic! smile

I've studied life-span development and a bit of nursing and would like to remind people to NEVER shake a baby or let their head go unsupported!

Here are two must-see videos on the Shaken Baby Syndrome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLBu_OkBmfQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgHRWH4USmw&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Edited by Yah's handmaiden (04/14/13 11:11 PM)

#114820 - 04/17/13 08:56 PM Re: Newborn Baby Care (what to avoid YHWH willing) [Re: yeshuaslave]
DudleyFamily Offline
Very Experienced User

Loc: USA
I think Shaken Baby Syndrome is just that...shaking babies...it is not a cover-up to what shots do. Vaccines are bad in and of themselves...SBS doesnt cause vaccines and vaccines do not cause SBS.

#114822 - 04/19/13 06:41 AM Re: Newborn Baby Care [Re: yeshuaslave]
leejosepho Offline
Joseph Lee
Veteran User***

Loc: NW Louisiana usa
Quote:
"Child abuse comes in many forms, and can result in serious and permanent health conditions such as Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS), a type of brain damage that typically afflicts children younger than one-year-old. But...pediatricians, doctors, and government officials routinely abuse children by injecting them with toxic vaccines, which are often the real cause of SBS and other brain damage-related conditions inappropriately blamed on physical abuse allegedly caused by parents and guardians."

Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS) and Injected Baby Syndrome (IBS) might share some common symptoms, but that does not make them one-and-the-same...and I believe the same is true concerning Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and certain troubles that can seem to begin following certain injections.

Let us be quick to help parents be/become good/better parents while being slow to point fingers at others we already know do not understand.

#114824 - 04/19/13 02:19 PM Re: Newborn Baby Care [Re: yeshuaslave]
leejosepho Offline
Joseph Lee
Veteran User***

Loc: NW Louisiana usa
Anger-driven rhetorical argument can be good for getting the attention of some people, but people need more than that -- we all need good, clear information and education -- in order to discern the matter of how to be good parents...and I typically find it best to just ignore almost anything and everything any mere man might declare "good".

My older daughter used to work (many years ago) for the AMA, and she now works as a midwife assistant. One of the most interesting statements she has ever made in these recent years is to say, "Pregnancy is not a condition in need of medical treatment"...and it took me a while to listen some more and begin to understand that. In my own ignorance and fear, I had always just gone along with whatever the MD had to say. Pregnancy does need to be monitored by someone knowledgeable, of course, and any expectant mother who does not already know would do well to ask and to learn...and then when the time comes, be sure to know enough to not let the typical MD, insurance company or employer policy interfere with the natural process. Good and useful information along that kind of line can be difficult to find, but it is can be found by those who search it out.

I had a heart attack in '99, and I believe I am alive today because I did *not* follow the suggested med regimen but *did* make some serious changes in diet while adding some natural supplements for keeping my arteries clean.

I had eye surgery yesterday to try to repair macular pucker, and today begins a regimen of meds and eye drops to hopefully help my eye heal properly as I seek to regain good use of it. Antibiotics and steroids do not thrill me at all, but my wife understands all of that kind of stuff and knows how to deal with their possible results.

Good information and careful discernment can make a huge difference for anyone.

Edited by leejosepho (04/19/13 02:21 PM)

#114858 - 04/27/13 10:16 PM Re: Newborn Baby Care [Re: hollysurly]
Helper Administrator Online
Helper
Very Experienced User

Posts after the above post deleted and forum topic locked due to getting off topic.

Edited by RichardLovesYHWH (04/27/13 10:16 PM)

Fellow servant of Messiah,

Helper

Moderator:  EliYah, Helper 
Search

Newest Members
osaxakuvy, onyvy, joe root, Ric, BertO
3919 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3919 Members
13 Forums
8808 Topics
107723 Posts

Max Online: 148 @ 08/04/16 01:54 PM
Search the RNKJV

Search the Strong's Lexicon

Hebrew Greek

LINKS
Chat Room
Online Sabbath Meeting
Studies on Torah Keeping
Avoiding Strife
Loving Your Brother
7th Month ("July")
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Ephesians 4:29 - "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is
good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."